Tuesday, November 07, 2006

... and we have a winner

The best predictor of Lance's NYC time was none other than Eric, so eternal or temporary UCC fame is his.

Lance A. ticked off 2:59:36

Eric 2:58:11
Lance M. <2:55
Me 2:53:21
Jeff 2:47:07

Remarkably and much to Bob Barker's chagrin, no one overbid.
womp womp womp

The limited tv coverage looked great, the two Kenyans hunting down the Brazilian but it was not to be for them. I thought Lance looked good solid through to the end, considering they asked him about returning right after crossing the line, i would think he enjoyed himself.

"Now's not the time to ask that question. The answer now is no, I'll never be back. But I reserve the right to change my mind".

My favorite image was the guy who finished right before Lance, he hoisted his arms like he'd won the thing. Either it was his life's accomplishment to beat Lance in a race or break 3 hours, or maybe do both.

No comments: