Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Mos Eisley

Undoubtebly Baton Rouge is in post-Katrinarita flux, sure the traffic is out of control, yes restaurants are constantly overflowing, of course the grocery stores still run out of odd products at strange times. Most recently though i've noticed a real Mos Eisley spaceport feel to the old town. Interesting characters are popping out everywhere. Maybe they've always been there but i've never had to wait in line so long so i never noticed them. Perhaps hours spent trapped in the car are making us more sociable when we can finally interact.

Today i'm at B&N and this dude asks me something, we start talking, where are you from, i'm displaced from houma, what do you do, yadda yadda yadda. Next thing you know we're talking about technology, he wants to meet next week to talk about some companies that he owns that need some tech consulting type work. I'm praying to God this isn't frickin Amway.

1 comment:

David Alexander said...

Two days in a row you're making me laugh out loud dude.

The ascot reminds me, i'm totally into Mitch Hedberg. I can't get enough of the guy, but he died recently and there are only a few cd's out. But anyway his line about...
One day, i'm gonna wear a beret, that sounds stupid i know, but it's true. One day, i will have a beret on...

I may have to add the scientology link to my page. NICE