Tuesday, July 25, 2006

mad props to the wife

Haven't been able to post too often as of late due to internet troubles at the home base, but i did want to get this out because the link may or may not be there tomorrow. After Floyd went all medieval on everyone on Thursday, Amy pitched the idea of a Floyd profile to her editor and bam, slam, wham it ran in the paper yesterday. I'm proud to say that i'm at least Executive Research Assistant on this piece, as we did legwork over the weekend on it. Can't really say where the obscure Kenesaw Mountain Landis reference comes from, somebody out on the West coast must have thought that was a cool coincidence or something and added it because it just doesn't fit at all. The rest is all Amy.

5 comments:

Jeff said...

Great Article...if I didn't know better I would think she likes Lance to!
Glad to see she used my favorite quote from the whole tour regarding the epic break....

"A couple of people came and told me it was crazy and please don't do that," he said. "I told them go drink some Coke cause we're leaving on the first climb if you want to come along."

FYI, I pulled the trigger on the rollers that I mentioned on my blog this morning...

Anonymous said...

Great article! I bet it will clarly leave "Sport Illustrated" in the dust. Go Amy!

Would love for someone to explain the "Risk" he took on Stage 17 ......... in terms I would understand.

Jeff said...

I'm not sure "Risk" is the right word...
Basically Floyd was in an everything to gain and nothing to lose position...assuming he wasn't worried about protecting an 11th place finish on GC (which he wasn't)!

That being said...
To attempt a break of this type may have been expected...but to succeed at riding the entire peloton of his wheel and making it stick over 125K through the Alps...truly EPIC!

Basically, the move he made was the only chance he had of getting back into the GC battle...but the move he made had basically no chance of working, or so it was thought....

Unknown said...

Nice piece Amy. You write with verve.

So who is up for going to the Alps for next year's tour? I've already called the Evil Knievel costume, but Uncle Sam, El Diablo, or simply flip-flops and a "Cutters" T-shirt are still available. Run, don't walk, to your bank and open your "TDF" account today. That 529 Plan for the kids can wait.

LPM

David Alexander said...

You know the prologue (and maybe even more stages) will be in England next year. That means you could support the Tour without giving your money directly to the French!